Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Rockwall, recognized with the Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, is the first full-service community hospital in Rockwall. THPHR offers 50 inpatient beds for acute medical and surgical needs, advanced medical technology and comprehensive services focused on quality patient care and safety close to home. Texas Health Rockwall is proud to be recognized as one of “Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare”.
Our Quality and Risk Department is searching for a FT Quality Manager who will provide analysis for the Quality Assurance Program to ensure consistency with established policies, procedures and philosophy, and to maintain and improve the quality of care given to patients. The Quality Manager will develop, implement and document activities relating to the Quality Assurance Program & will maintain communications with Administration, Medical Staff and Department Heads regarding Quality Assurance activities.
• Demonstrates team building techniques and provides leadership through personal example of good work habits, open
communication and effective people relationships.
• Set day to day objectives for the team & ensures that clinical assignments are based on patient care needs and demonstrated staff competencies.
• Coordinates staff attendance for education and development opportunity with direction of unit leadership.
• Conducts performance coaching conversations and performance reviews.
• Coaches caregivers on technical and interpersonal topics, as well as professional development.
• Involves caregivers in decisions which affect them.
• Demonstrates self-reliance and resourcefulness as an example to others.
• Manages department schedule and timekeeping system; maintains appropriate staffing levels and ensures high quality patient care.
• Proactively works to build effective relationships with caregivers, within unit and throughout Hospital, using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
• Supports and creates enthusiasm for Standards of Behavior, Relationship Based Care, and High Reliability initiatives within assigned unit and throughout the Hospital.
• Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Bachelors Degree is required
- Current Texas RN license is required
- Minimum of 3 years in Quality & 3 years in management required
- 5 years of direct, bedside patient care is required
- Must be proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel & possess aptitude to learn other informatics systems